ADMISSION TO THE JURIS DOCTOR (J.D.) PROGRAM
To qualify for admission to the J.D. Program, the applicant must have obtained a Bachelors Degree in Arts or Sciences, or a higher academic degree, from an authorized and recognized university or college. Following requirements set by the Legal Education Board (LEB), the applicant must have earned at least eighteen (18) units of English, six (6) units of Mathematics, and eighteen (18) units of Social Science subjects. In addition, the LEB requires that at least three (3) units of a Rizal course be completed in order to qualify for an Ateneo Law School diploma.
Please note that pursuant to policies of the Ateneo Law School, persons who have enrolled and completed at least one (1) semester in any law school are not eligible for admission to the Ateneo Law School’s J.D. Program.
Decisions on admission into the Ateneo Law School are made by the Dean, upon the recommendation of the Admissions Committee, taking into consideration the applicant's scholastic record and ability, entrance exam results and character references.
Admission Requirements for School Year 2017-2018
The applicant must accomplish the online application form, which will be accessible on this page starting November 1, 2016, and take the entrance examination.
In order to be issued an entrance examination permit, the following must be submitted:
- Photocopy of collegiate transcript or records showing compliance with the eligibility requirements stated above.
- If graduation is not yet reflected in the transcript, a true copy of grades or a certification of candidacy for graduation must be appended to the collegiate transcript.
- Three (3) I.D. pictures, 2”x 2” in size with red background.
- Payment of testing fee of Three Thousand Pesos (Php3,000.00).
- Two (2) recommendations coming from (i) the dean or former professor of the applicant’s school, and (ii) someone who knows the applicant well enough to provide a true character reference with respect to the applicant. Such recommendations should be accomplished on the required recommendation form.
Please note the following dates that are material in the application process:
Entrance Exam Dates:
February 11 and 18, 2017
March 11 and 18, 2017
April 1, 2017
From May 2 to 31, 2017
The applicant will be assigned his/her entrance exam schedule upon submission by the applicant of all admission requirements.
Interviews (for those requested to undergo an interview) will be conducted only on announced dates within the interview period. Each applicant is responsible for ensuring that he/she is available when necessary.