Job Opportunity: ASoG Administrative Assistant
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Program: 'Laya’ Phase 3
Location: SDC Complex, Ateneo de Manila University, Katipunan Ave. Quezon City
Position: Administrative Assistant
Duration: Until May 9, 2017
Report to: Project Director and Dean
I. Project Description and Objectives:
Project Laya Phase 3 is a 24-month project that will provide technical assistance to the Department of Finance (DOF), with support from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Project Laya Phase 3 continues and builds upon the gains of predecessor phases. The Project’s objectives consist of the following 4 Pillars:
Pillar 1: Enhance the capacity of the legal units of the Department of Finance (DOF) and its related agencies to improve the handling and management of revenue collection and anti-corruption cases, with particular focus on the Run Against the Smugglers (RATS) unit of Bureau of Customs (BOC) for the improvement of enforcement actions against fraudulent importations;
Pillar 2: Enhance the capacity of the Revenue Integrated Protection Service (RIPS) unit of the DOF to improve enforcement actions against corruption in customs and revenue administration;
Pillar 3: Examine and recommend policies and systems in detection and prevention of corrupt practices in customs administration, particularly concerning Post Entry Audit (PEA) and the development of the draft bill for the Customs Modernization and Tariff Act (CMTA);
Pillar 4: Formulate and disseminate strategic messages to improve awareness of, and enhance support for anti-corruption efforts and reforms in revenue administration, within the DOF/BOC and the general public.
Key Areas of Activities
In order to achieve the following objectives, Phase 3 of Project Laya will cover activities in the following areas:
- Conduct personnel training in case handling, build-up and case management;
- Create inventories of cases and publish case studies;
- Develop standard procedures, manuals, templates; and case monitoring systems;
- Conduct policy review;
- Formulate and disseminate strategic messages on anti-corruption efforts.
II. Scope of Work:
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and logistical support to the teams or individuals carrying out the specific objectives of Project Laya. Specifically, the following are responsibilities and tasks of the Administrative Assistant:
- Assist in performing human resources management functions, such as recording keeping, file management and contracts administration;
- Provide logistical support to the teams and individuals performing technical assistance;
- Provide administrative assistance in the preparation of payroll and other related documents;
- Handle the administrative and logistical services relevant in undertaking activities, such as the conduct of trainings, publish case studies, development of standard procedures, manuals and templates, conduct of policy review, conduct of audit, evaluation and monitoring.
The Administrative Assistant must have the following qualifications:
- Graduate of any business, management, or social science degree;
- 1-2 years of experience in project management and research;
- Previous work in good governance advocacy;
- Has excellent organizational, oral, and written communication skills;
- Can work with minimum supervision; and
- Capable of rapidly working in groups and in dealing with sensitive matters.
IV. Requirements for Application:
For interested applicants, please submit:
- An application letter addressed to: Dr. Ronald U. Mendoza, Dean of Ateneo School of Government
- Curriculum Vitae with three professional work references (including their emails and contact numbers)
- Writing sample (paper)
Please submit the required documents via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Applicant- Administrative Assistant” as subject.