AUDIO-VISUAL TECHNICIAN I (Department of Communications, Loyola Schools)
The technician is responsible for overall audio video equipment of the Department. He checks equipment daily and services the faculty’s requests for audiovisual equipment (overhead projector, LCD, etc.), sets up, and operates these as requested. He also handles requests for reservation of equipment or rooms used by the students or faculty.
This position performs preventive maintenance on audiovisual equipment and keeps an inventory of all equipment and materials in the office. In addition, the technician provides assistance for the Department’s projects which may involve doing camera work, editing, or photography.
1. Installs, provides, supervises and operates all audiovisual equipment and other hardware needed in the classrooms of the Department or in other specified venues, and to stay with the equipment for as long as it is in use.
2. Assists in shutting off and putting away of equipment/s used in the classroom or Department offices as needed
3. Provides service to other departments or offices within the University through video coverage of events such as Pabaon, the commencement exercises of all ADMU units (Grade School, High School and Loyola Schools), University Service Awards, UAAP games, seminars, conferences, and the like.
4. Assists the Department’s centers, namely the Konrad Asian Center for Journalism (ACFJ) and the Eugenio Lopez Center for Multimedia Communication (ELJCMC), in all the seminars, classes, and other production needs/requirements.
5. Supervises the use of equipment in the ELJCMC which are used in activities such as video editing, radio production, and live tapings, located in key areas such as the music room, the TV studio, and the control room.
o With a Bachelor’s degree
o Has 1-2 years of related work experience
o With preference on the following:
§ Basic knowledge in preventive maintenance, operation and repair of audiovisual equiptment
§ Experience in Editing software (Adobe and/or Final Cut)
§ Background in Information Technology, photography, and video production
o Must possess good interpersonal relations
o Good command of both English and Filipino languages