Katigbak Educational Media Center
Here are some things students need to remember about the KEMC programs and services:
A. KEMC SCHEDULE
Monday to Thursday
7:00 am — 5:00 pm
7:00 am — 3:45 pm
Students may come to borrow and return books within the above schedule.
B. BORROWING OF LIBRARY MATERIALS
Students’ school ID is needed when they borrow and return books and other materials at the counter.
C. CIRCULATION OF BOOKS AND OTHER MATERIALS
1. Students can borrow the books from the General Collection, Children’s Section and Filipiniana for one week for the Primary School and two weeks for the Middle School. They are allowed to borrow three books at a time. After the due date they may return or renew the book. Students are allowed to renew the same book only once.
2. Materials from the Reference Section and Special Collection are FOR ROOM USE ONLY. This is to have the materials available for research purposes.
3. Periodicals such as magazines and newspapers, bound or loose, are FOR ROOM USE ONLY. They are to be read in the Periodical Section.
4. Vertical File Materials (newspaper clippings and magazine articles) are also available in the library. Because of their nature these materials are FOR ROOM USE ONLY.
D. ONLINE PUBLIC ACCESS CATALOG (OPAC)
Another feature of our automated library is its Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC) that can be accessed through http://agsweb:8001/lisa/ags/rv/. Students may use the OPAC to know the location and availability of the book/s they need.
E. PHOTOCOPYING SERVICE
Students may request the KEMC Personnel to photocopy library materials (newspaper/magazine articles, vertical files, book pages) for a maximum of ten (10) pages per material.
The Photocopying Request Form is available at the Control Area. Students may claim their photocopied materials during recess, lunch or dismissal.
Short - P1.00 each
Long - P1.50 each
F. e-REFERENCE SERVICE
The e-Reference area allows students to access online reference materials for school related researches. They should fill out a reservation form available at the Control Area. They are given 20 minutes to use the computer. Students are only allowed to visit recommended websites from the list provided by the librarians or websites required by their subject teachers such as Genyo.
G. PRINTING SERVICE
Students may request the KEMC personnel to print online articles searched from recommended websites. The Printing Request Form is available at the Control Area. They may claim their printed materials during recess, lunch, or dismissal.
Short - P3.00 each
Long - P4.00 each
H. FINES, LOST, AND DAMAGED BOOKS
1. A fine of 50¢ a day for Grades 1-4 boys and P1.00 for Grades 5-6 students is charged for each overdue book. This is to encourage punctuality and responsibility regarding borrowed materials.
2. Lost books may be replaced or paid in cash at the current cost, including the cost of processing. Please consult the librarian for the cost of replacement of the book. Payment for a lost book may be refunded should the book be found and returned in good condition.
The Library is a place for learning and study. Students are expected to follow established rules of acceptable behavior listed below:
1. Observe silence so as not to disturb other library clientele.
2. Respect other students and teachers who are using the library.
3. Handle the library materials with care.
4. Running around and playing are not allowed.
5. Leave food and drink outside the library or at the Control Area.
6. The Carpeted Area (Fiction P and L) is for Grades 1-3 students only. Shoes should be removed and placed in the shoe shelf before entering the area.
7. The Carpeted Area (near the General Collection) is for Grades 1-6 students. Shoes should be removed and placed in the shoe shelf before entering the area.
CONSEQUENCES FOR NOT FOLLOWING THE RULES
1. Verbal warning from the librarians and staff of the KEMC.
2. If the student continues misbehavior, he will then be asked to fill-out the disciplinary form that will serve as his first written warning. If the student reaches three written warnings, his teacher will be notified.
3. If misbehavior is severe, the student will then be referred to the Grade Level Coordinator.
J. Disciplinary Action
Any misconduct or misdemeanor will get the following sanctions:
1. Warning with demerits for minor offense.
2. Other sanctions as written in the Student Handbook.