Admissions - Senior High School
Application for Admission to Grade 11 (Senior High School)
The Ateneo de Manila University’s Board of Trustees, in its landmark decision on 7 February 2015, approved the opening of the Ateneo Senior High School in school year 2016-2017. Comprising Grades 11 and 12, the Senior High School is envisioned to be a Jesuit, Filipino, Catholic college-preparatory senior high school with programs designed for above-average male and female students. For school year 2017-2018, the Senior High School will be offering only the following academic tracks:
- ACCOUNTANCY, BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT STRAND - The ABM Strand prepares the SHS student for a business course in college by introducing the basic subjects in Accountancy, Business, Management, Economics, Finance and Marketing.
- GENERAL ACADEMIC STRAND - The GA Strand provides an opportunity for the SHS student to combine Humanities and Social Science subjects with other fields by allowing them to choose electives from the different strands in the Academic Track.
- HUMANITIES AND SOCIAL SCIENCES STRAND - The HUMSS Strand introduces the SHS student to the basic subjects in Social Sciences and the Languages.
- SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, ENGINEERING AND MATHEMATICS STRAND - The STEM Strand prepares the SHS student for a science-related course in college by deepening the concepts in Math and Science through lessons in Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Calculus.
For school year 2017-2018, 300 slots will be open to applicants from public schools, parochial schools and other schools that do not offer Senior High School. Limited slots are also available for transferees from K-12 ready schools (schools that have offered 12-year basic education programs even prior to the K-12 Reform). In view of the Ateneo’s desire to provide quality education and leadership formation for those coming mainly from the public school system, 100 scholarship grants will be offered in the Senior High School to academically gifted but financially challenged students. For information on application for scholarships and financial aid grants, please click on the link at the right side bar of this page.
Important Information on Application to Grade 11
- The applicant must be a member of his/her school’s Grade 10 batch at the time of application.
- No minimum grade is demanded of Grade 11 applicants but it is required that they have no failing grades and have good deportment records.
- The applicant must pass the Ateneo Senior High Admission and Placement Exam (A-SHAPE) and go through a personal interview. However, an invitation to be interviewed does not automatically guarantee acceptance to the Senior High School.
- He/She must not have applied for Grade 11 in the Ateneo prior to this application. An applicant may take the entrance test for Grade 11 only once.