Atenean graduate lands on the Top 10 of the 2016 Electronics Engineering Board Exams
Marc Joseph Macalinao, BS Electronics and Communications Engineering (Batch 2016), placed in the top 10 of the October 2016 Electronics Engineering Licensure Exams released by the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC). He got a rating of 87.8%.
Macalinao said that through the Ateneo and through the Ignatian value of magis, or doing more for the greater glory of God, he was able to do more.
"There is always the call to action by Ateneo to alleviate the difficulty of the lives of the marginalized Filipino. It is for this call that I thank the Ateneo," Macalinao said. "As a young engineer, everything I intended to do was geared towards achieving exactly that, to respond to that call, to alleviate especially the difficulty of the rural poor. This caused me to yearn to do more and be more for them, for God's greater glory."
Aside from Macalinao, 25 other Ateneans passed the board exams:
1. ADA, KIM GERARD LUBRICA
2. AGAPITO, AGASSI DWAYNE HERRERA
3. ALCANTARA, PAUL CHESTER GESMUNDO
4. ANGELES, RAMON EMMANUEL RAYOS
5. BUTASLAC, ISIDRO III MENDOZA
6. DULAY, JAEVIE BARRION
7. ELOPRE, JOHN CARLO DELGADO
8. FAJARDO, PAOLO VITTORIO NUESTRO
9. FRIGILLANA, MARC DE SAGUN
10. GUTIERREZ, MARIAN JOICE SEMIRA
11. JIMENEZ, ROY LORENZO LAGMAN
12. LEBAQUIN, REY JR BALICAS
13. MACEREN, ARMOND ROYCE REY
14. MALLARI, DANICA LOUISE FRANCO
15. MAPACPAC, KATHRYN GRACE DAVAO
16. OBVIAR, GIULIO DEPANTE
17. PABON, JUSTIN EARON TEOVISIO
18. PANGANIBAN, JUSTIN YVES BRILLANTES
19. PAROCHA, RAYMARK CODICO
20. RAMOS, REI ALLEN PHILLIP DEL ROSARIO
21. RIVERA, ANGELIC JOY ABALAJON
22. SICCION, RICHTER GOZON
23. TORRECAMPO, REY LAWRENCE LAGGUI
24. UY, JEFF BRIAN ANDAYA
25. VILLALOBOS, ABRAM DELA CRUZ
Ateneo de Manila University got a passing rate of 89.29% for first time takers and 86.67% overall performance. The Electronics Engineering Examinations were held on Oct. 15 and 16, 2016.
To view the performance of schools, click here.