MARKETING DIRECTOR - Graduate School of Business
Under the Dean of the Graduate School of Business, the Marketing Director assists the Dean in formulating and implementing an integrated marketing plan for the AGSB, including the programs of its sub-units. He/She shall monitor enrollment targets and evaluate performance to ensure that departmental objectives are achieved and aligned with over-all mission of the organization.
A. Marketing, Communications and Public Relations
· Spearheads institutional promotions, conceptualization and design of localized marketing collaterals for all MBA sites/programs.
· Ensures that AGSB’s image and position to its target market are aptly and consistently articulated across all forms of communications (print, AGSB website and electronic media).
· Liaises with media and advertising agencies on various brand awareness campaigns and provides editorial direction on content of press releases, print ads and AGSB communications.
· Manages the over-all design and content of the AGSB website.
· Conducts market intelligence on competitors (e.g. strengths and weaknesses, pricing strategy, competitive advantage, etc) and identifies new business opportunities, specifically institutional partnerships for in-house MBA.
· Works with the AGSB Satellite Campus Directors and Program Directors in organizing activation/below-the-line marketing events to create awareness on AGSB and increase student enrollment per location.
· Identifies funding sources and prepares sponsorship contracts for marketing events and business development opportunities.
· Leverages on participation to industry forums, conferences and student discussions to expand market reach and client database for both business and entrepreneurship programs.
· Coordinates with the UCPRO and manages AGSB’s social media accounts (e.g. Twitter, FB, etc).
B. Budget and Finance
· Develops short and long-term goals for AGSB’s marketing activities.
· Monitors student enrollment and submits to the Dean periodic reports.
· Provides justification to procurement requirements and ensures prompt liquidation of cash advances for marketing events.
C. People Management
· Identifies future talent requirements and guides staff in proactively sourcing and recruiting for talent pool.
· Prepares annual performance roadmap and discusses such with each staff.
· Secures commitment from and motivates team members by re-cascading vision and mission of the AGSB.
· Counsels staff on performance of role and immediately corrects deviations from target.
· Develops learning & development plans and interventions for staff.
· Discusses with the Dean performance of team members in relation to succession planning.
· Determines the appropriate work schedule and monitors staff attendance.
· Minimum of five (5) years working experience in marketing, communications, advertising or public relations
· Work experience in both corporate and educational setting, an advantage
· With leadership, management, and people handling skills - highly skilled in formulating, implementing and evaluating marketing strategies based on over-all direction of the organization; able to think big picture, including anticipating and planning for various management scenarios
· Excellent Project Management Skills – highly organized, able to define clear goals, formulate and implement project plans, manage timelines and evaluate outcomes
· Networking and Relationship Management skills – is able to establish, develop and maintain productive partnership and relationship with both internal and external stakeholders; able to negotiate and influence people
· Excellent communication skills (spoken and written); has writing ability for press releases, marketing communications, collaterals and website content