Office Of The President
THREE STRATEGIC CONCERNS
In charting strategic directions for the future, I am proposing the following three priority areas:
· Mission and Identity
· Nation Building
· Environment and Development
The three strategic priorities of mission-and-identity, nation-building, and environment-and-development can be summed up in various ways. In terms of what we are to build in the coming years at the Ateneo de Manila, these three priorities will direct us to:
· build our own people (by cultivating a sense of purpose and meaning and community among ourselves, by tracing our roots ultimately in our Ignatian inspiration);
· build our nation (by catalyzing societal change in key social sectors; providing the strategic thinking on poverty and conflict; and by cultivating love of country);
· build our future (by reducing the risk posed to development and environment; by growing a green and viable economy; and by actualizing sustainability on campus as well).
In terms of the triple imperatives in our apostolic mission as indicated by GC35, these three strategic priorities proceed from the mandate to right our relationship with God (identity and mission), right our relationship with one another (nation-building), and right our relationship with creation (environment and development).
Three key words that encapsulate these three strategic priorities are:
· interiority (for mission and identity)
· development (for nation building)
· stewardship (for environment and development)
Lastly, if one were to convey these directional priorities in terms of love, then the three priorities are an expression of our love of Christ, our love of country, and our love of creation.
Jose Ramon T Villarin SJ
Office of the President
2/F, Xavier Hall, Ateneo de Manila University
Katipunan Avenue, Loyola Heights, Q.C.
Tel No. : (63-2) 426-6001 loc. 4000 - 4006
Fax No. : (63-2) 426-6079
E-mail Address: email@example.com
Monday-Friday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. – 12 noon
PRESIDENT'S REPORT 2015