University Research Council
The University Research Council is advisory to the President and is composed of administrators and faculty. The Chairperson and its members are appointed by the President. Committee meetings are held at least four times a year and as often as the need arises. The Council performs the following functions
1. recommend research policies and priorities
2. act as screening, review and evaluation committee of projects supported by the President’s Development Fund
3. evaluate research projects – sponsored or non-sponsored- in the light of these priorities and recommend fund allocation for non-sponsored research
4. review and evaluate the results of said research projects
5. act as the University Ethics Committee with one external member, that respond to the needs of faculty members who are engaged in research with agencies that require that the research project be approved by an institutional ethics committee.